Welsh Grand National Past Winners
The Welsh Grand National past winners roll of honour since the turn of the century has gone to all the leading trainers in the UK. One thing to note is that the Irish have not targeted this race in recent times as they have the Grand National at Aintree and as such have left it to the British trainers take this prize, possibly because the Irish have bigger fish to fry on their home turf.
In recent years Paul Nicholls has won the race in 2005 and 2004 with L'Aventure and Silver Birch, whom he sold and went on under his new Irish trainer to win the Aintree Grand National in 2007. Another trainer who is targeting the race is Alan King who won it with Helcon Genelardais in 2006 and was second in 2007 to Miko de Beauchene
As the Chepstow fences are not that hard to jump, this race tends to suit a more inexperienced horse carrying less weight and this is a good thing as it encourages trainers to run potential Grand National stars for the future in this race.
Welsh Grand National Roll Of Honour since 2000
- 2015 Mountainous - K Lee - J Moore
- 2014 Emperor's Choice - V Williams - A Coleman
- 2013 Mountainous - R Lee - P Moloney
- 2012 Monbeg Dude - M Scudamore - P Carberry
- 2011 Le Beau Bai - R Lee - C Poste
- 2010 Synchronised - J O'Neill - AP McCoy
- 2009 Dream Alliance - P Hobbs - T O'Brien
- 2008 Notre Pere - T Dreaper - A Lynch
- 2007 Miko de Beauchene - Robert Alner - A. Thornton
- 2006 Halcon Genelardais - Alan King - W. Hutchinson
- 2005 L' Aventure - P. F. Nicholls - L. Aspell
- 2004 Silver Birch - P. F. Nicholls - R. Walsh
- 2003 Bindaree (IRE) - N A Twiston-Davies - C Llewellyn
- 2002 Mini Sensation (IRE) - Jonjo O’Neill - A Dobbin
- 2001 Supreme Glory (IRE) - P G Murphy - L Aspell
- 2000 Jocks Cross (IRE) - Miss Venetia Williams - B J Crowley
Coral will return losing stakes as a free bet if your horse falls, unseats it's rider or is brought down on selected jumps meetings everyday. Up to £25.
Offer Expires: 14/04/2016 12:00
Best Odds Guaranteed On Horse Racing
Get more for you money with Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK & Irish horse racing. Simply take the price and if the SP returns greater, we'll pay you out at the bigger odds.
Channel 4/1 Free Bet Offer
Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on a UK or Irish race televised live on Channel 4 and bet365 will give you a free bet to the same stake on the next live Channel 4 race. If your free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a free bet on the next live Channel 4 race. Keep backing those winners and they will keep giving you free bets!
- Rocky Creek the tentative tip in woeful renewal of Denman Chase
- Lightly Raced Kalkir Looks A Big Each Way Price In Betfair Hurdle Betting
- Shock results shake up the Cheltenham markets
- Expect Native River To Pour On The Pressure In Towton Novices Chase Betting
- Irish Gold Cup Odds Riches The One To Beat At Leopardstown
- Smad cements Place in Gold Cup picture after sparkling Cheltenham win
- Only Fools Would Ignore Who Dares Wins In Finesse Juvenile Hurdle Market
- Djakadam a hot favourite for BetBright Trial Chase at Cheltenham