Welsh Grand National Past Winners
The Welsh Grand National past winners roll of honour since the turn of the century has gone to all the leading trainers in the UK. One thing to note is that the Irish have not targeted this race in recent times as they have the Grand National at Aintree and as such have left it to the British trainers take this prize, possibly because the Irish have bigger fish to fry on their home turf.
In recent years Paul Nicholls has won the race in 2005 and 2004 with L'Aventure and Silver Birch, whom he sold and went on under his new Irish trainer to win the Aintree Grand National in 2007. Another trainer who is targeting the race is Alan King who won it with Helcon Genelardais in 2006 and was second in 2007 to Miko de Beauchene
As the Chepstow fences are not that hard to jump, this race tends to suit a more inexperienced horse carrying less weight and this is a good thing as it encourages trainers to run potential Grand National stars for the future in this race.
Welsh Grand National Roll Of Honour since 2000
- 2015 Mountainous - K Lee - J Moore
- 2014 Emperor's Choice - V Williams - A Coleman
- 2013 Mountainous - R Lee - P Moloney
- 2012 Monbeg Dude - M Scudamore - P Carberry
- 2011 Le Beau Bai - R Lee - C Poste
- 2010 Synchronised - J O'Neill - AP McCoy
- 2009 Dream Alliance - P Hobbs - T O'Brien
- 2008 Notre Pere - T Dreaper - A Lynch
- 2007 Miko de Beauchene - Robert Alner - A. Thornton
- 2006 Halcon Genelardais - Alan King - W. Hutchinson
- 2005 L' Aventure - P. F. Nicholls - L. Aspell
- 2004 Silver Birch - P. F. Nicholls - R. Walsh
- 2003 Bindaree (IRE) - N A Twiston-Davies - C Llewellyn
- 2002 Mini Sensation (IRE) - Jonjo O’Neill - A Dobbin
- 2001 Supreme Glory (IRE) - P G Murphy - L Aspell
- 2000 Jocks Cross (IRE) - Miss Venetia Williams - B J Crowley
Channel 4/1 Free Bet Offer
Back any single winner at 4/1 or more on a UK or Irish race televised live on Channel 4 and bet365 will give you a free bet to the same stake on the next live Channel 4 race. If your free bet also wins at odds of 4/1 or more, you qualify for a free bet on the next live Channel 4 race. Keep backing those winners and they will keep giving you free bets! *Country restrictions apply.
Best Odds Guaranteed PLUS On All Horse Racing
Get BEST ODDS GUARANTEED PLUS on all UK and Irish racing when betting with Bet365. Take a price and if your winning bet returns a bigger SP then you'll get paid out on the bigger price. PLUS Bet365 will enhance that price even further to the next price up. E.g if you backed an early price of 3/1 and the selection wins at BOG 4/1, Bet365 enhances that price even further to 9/2!
Get B.O.G on all UK and Irish Horse Racing
Get BEST ODDS GUARANTEED on all UK and Irish racing when betting with Betway. Take a price and if your winning bet returns a bigger SP then you'll get paid out on the bigger price.